Celiacs encounter many difficulties when shopping or going out to dinner at restaurants, but there are recipes for celiac children that are rich and healthy. One of them is this fresh and light rice salad with tuna and apple.
For those allergic to gluten, carbohydrates from foods that do not contain wheat are necessary. A good option can be this salad, a complete dish ideal for summer or any other time of year.
- 250 gr. of rice
- 1 lettuce
- 2 apples
- 10 cherry tomatoes or 2 large
- 2 cans of natural tuna
- 100 gr. frozen peas
- 50 gr. sweet corn
- Olive oil
1. Put plenty of water to heat over high heat in a pot, when it starts to boil, add the rice with a pinch of salt and let it boil according to the manufacturer's instructions (about 15 minutes.
2. Drain the rice and reserve. If you want to take the salad colder, you can put it in the fridge until you mix the ingredients.
3. Put a saucepan with water to heat. When it is boiling, add the peas and leave them for the time indicated on the package, drain and set aside.
4. Wash vegetables well. Remove the first leaves of the lettuce and chop the rest. Chop the tomatoes and cut the apples into squares, with or without skin.
5. Drain the tuna from the cans and mix it in a large bowl with the rice. Add the boiled egg and the rest of the vegetables. Dress with oil, a splash of vinegar and salt to taste. Stir well and serve, or reserve in the refrigerator without seasoning until mealtime.
Here are other recipes for the family picnic.
You can read more articles similar to Rice salad with tuna and apple for celiacs, in the category of Gluten free on site.